So I haven’t been feeling very bloggy… at least from a writing perspective. I know I owe a race report from my AWESOME Madison Mini Marathon (if you haven’t heard, a major PR was had last Saturday!). I’ll put something together tomorrow hopefully.
Moving onto my next race, I went downtown to the Expo for the Chicago Triathlon today! Here’s a quick video report straight from a Toyota Prius at the expo:
Other goodies from the expo:
- I finally got some “suit juice” – it helps you put the wetsuit on more easily.
- Also purchased: the Zoot cooling arm sleeves… I saw them at Ragnar and they seem awesome-sauce!
- Toyota swag: a nice visor, for doing this video: a nice Fuel Belt race belt
- Lara Bars
- Free Chobani coupons
There was a ton of stuff for sale, and lots of vendors to talk to: Coconut water, Trop50, MaxMultisport, Element Multi Sport, Clif Bar, Core Power (what used to be be HoneyMilk).
So tomorrow is cheering on at the SuperSprint – Mike is competing in that (no socks!) and then me on Sunday! Sunday’s schedule:
- Wake up SUPER early
- Get to the race SUPER early
- Transition closes at 5:45 AM
- Nap on the grass, likely in a sweatshirt.
- My wave starts at 8 AM – SWIM BIKE RUN
You can track me and other triathletes via the iPhone/Android apps for this event –search for “Chicago Triathlon”! Anyway – I hope everyone has a fun weekend! More to come later!