This has been a busy month! I feel like I’ve had to focus a lot more than normal recently… but there is a lot going on between wedding prep, running, staying healthy, and work.
Focusing prior to the start of the Shamrock Shuffle last weekend
Although I’ve been finding that if I focus hard, I can accomplish my goals!
Happy & Successful, post-race. Almost a 3 minute PR!
Well, looking back on March, I’ve done:
Run in two races
Taken my first trip for work in several months
Run XXX miles
Hit T-30 days to the wedding!
The goals I set for myself in March were:
- I will run 2 weeks of more than 20 miles, and 2 weeks of more than 12 miles. Not quite accomplished. I did get 2 weeks of 20 miles, but only 1 week with more than 12. My “off” weeks are really off.
- I will complete two strength workouts (at home or w/ trainer) each week. Pretty good about this one.
- I will track my food intake 5 days a week. Did I track any days?!
- Make it to yoga or pilates at least a few times. Didn’t make it to any.
- Post on my blog 14 times in March. 11 times including this post.
- Finish book club book before book club meeting! Completed!
- Keep home organized, esp in relation to gifts, thank-yous & clutter. We’ve been managing the gifts & thank-yous, but clutter is still something I’m working on.
- Continue to take photos and post semi-regularly. I’ve been taking photos, but not posting them too much. I like Instagram though, so follow me there if you want to receive my sporadic photos!
- PR at the 8K event on March 25. Done & Done! I majorly PR’ed at the Shamrock Shuffle, and also at the Oak Forest Fleadh 5K
- Work toward Arms like Michelle Obama. I’ll take a before picture, and we’ll compare to the after. I did take before photos, however I struggle with my upper body strength work. My neck pain two weeks ago didn’t help, and I’m still adjusting back to any upper body strength work.
- Don’t eat swedish fish until I’m running 30 miles per week. Sadly, accomplished. I still want swedish fish though. My closest replacement: eating dates.
- Stay not too stressed!
- Go to yoga at least once
- Read the 2nd Hunger Games (bonus: see the movie)
- Act gracefully and appreciate all moments – especially during the wedding!
- Continue twice weekly strength work until the wedding.
- Cheer Mike on at his national championship event at the end of the month.