I got out for a nice run this morning. So glad it’s inching closer to 40 degrees for the AM runs! As much as I enjoy getting together for a group run, morning runs are my ideal time of day.
This morning was warmer than I’d planned, so I was
wanting to strip down sweating it out in my jacket and hat. Actually stuffed my hat into my pockets after 2 miles, and lost my hairtie somewhere after that! I did my “new normal” four mile route – and 3 minutes faster than when I did it two weeks ago! This was the route I’d started doing for tempo runs, but I’m ready to up those a bit and will try to keep four miles as my easy or “get it in” type of runs. Here were my splits for this morning:
Mile 1: 10:12, Mile 2: 9:26, Mile 3: 9:05, Mile 4: 10:47
And we’re out of February and into March! Looking back at my Feb goals, I’m a bit disappointed, but I know it was a busy month. In addition to what I’d planned for, we had the craziest/busiest time at work (crisis mode for over a week), fostered a cat for 10 days, and also celebrated my bachelorette party and a bridal shower! So I suppose in hindsight I didn’t do too badly, all things considered.
Here were my February Goals & how I faired:
- Complete 16 Runs this month, including at least one speedwork or tempo run each week. Ouch, no. According to my Garmin website, I only got 6 runs in this month. However I think they were speedier on average.
- Do planks & push-ups three times a week. How many times a week? Maybe 3 times this month.
- Start the post-card challenge. Get my postcards together, and send out 4 or 5 to loved ones this month. OK, need to regroup on this. Maybe later.
- Purchase ingredients & schedule when to cook 1 recipe. My recipe of choice is chili, or macaroni & cheese. I made a special pasta recipe (i.e. what can I use from the freezer). And I cooked an omelette rather than eating leftovers last night!
- Go to yoga 7 times. Not even counting. I did get one lovely sweat session in w/ my friend Erica!
- Track my food intake for each day from Feb 5-29. 10 out of 24 days done!
- Post on my blog 12 times in February. 12 Exactly!
- Participate in the Appreciation Challenge from Amanda at Run to the Finish. I tried to be more appreciative in general, but did not do anything specific for this challenge.
- Participate in a Burpee Challenge. I learned about it from Run Court Run! I participated one day. I did do three days worth of catch up though!
- Participate in a photo challenge. I tried taking more photos but also did not truly participate in this.
So in the interest of being a bit more realistic for March, and not wanting to stress too much about things that would be more on the “fun” side of things:
- I will run 2 weeks of more than 20 miles, and 2 weeks of more than 12 miles.
- I will complete two strength workouts (at home or w/ trainer) each week.
- I will track my food intake 5 days a week.
- Make it to yoga or pilates at least a few times.
- Post on my blog 14 times in March.
- Finish book club book before book club meeting!
- Keep home organized, esp in relation to gifts, thank-yous & clutter.
- Continue to take photos and post semi-regularly.
How has everyone’s mid-week runs been? Any big plans for March?