So my run this afternoon went swimmingly! My current goal on tempo runs is to do 2 miles at 9:30 (~5K) pace. Today I did 2.25 at sub 9:30!
Just in case that was a fluke, especially since I haven’t done much speedwork or even multiple days of running per week, I’ll try another one later this week just to confirm if I’m actually getting faster!
- Go to yoga 7 times this month – Not quite. I attended 4 times in January. Will try again for February!
- Join the Chicago Tri Club – actually submit my registration, not just web-stalk them! Success! I registered, and attended a 3-session bike maintenance class, and also attended their newbie Happy Hour!
- Do two speed workouts & one tempo run. #Fail. Didn’t attempt much in January apart from my long runs.
- Develop a plank & push-up plan. Starting point: Do tests to see how long I can hold a plank & how many full push-ups I can do. I held a 2 minute plank and did the 100-push-up challenge test. Didn’t do anything else apart from the benchmark tests.
- Send 4 post-cards & collect the other postcards I may have lying around. #Fail. February?
- Bike to work 4 times – (weather permitting). Today is day 1. Completed! I think I did five total.
- Get on my bike & wear a heart rate monitor. Success! I did two at-home trainer workouts, plus signed up for a computrainer class at a nearby cycling gym.
- Pick one recipe and cook it this month. I picked a recipe and thought about it… does that count?
- Complete the CES Winter Warriors 13.1 winter run, and one full week of the planned training runs. 13.1 run was completed. Following a full week of planned training runs, not so much.
- Complete 16 Runs this month, including at least one speedwork or tempo run each week.
- Do planks & push-ups three times a week.
- Start the post-card challenge. Get my postcards together, and send out 4 or 5 to loved ones this month.
- Purchase ingredients & schedule when to cook 1 recipe. My recipe of choice is chili, or macaroni & cheese.
- Go to yoga 7 times.
- Track my food intake for each day from Feb 5-29.
- Post on my blog 12 times in February.
- Participate in the Appreciation Challenge from Amanda at Run to the Finish.
- Participate in the Burpee Challenge. I learned about it from Run Court Run!
- Participate in the photo challenge that Courtney is also doing.
Who else is setting monthly goals? I find it helpful to set mini goals that are helping to move me in the directions I want to go.