Wow, twenty eleven is now over. Lots of things happened last year:
- I ran three marathons
- I got engaged
- I completed my first duathlon and triathlon
- I made running & blogging friends
- Work got crazy – and I survived
A look back on a few things:
A look at my training in visual form – running log on the Daily Mile:
You can tell that I clearly put in more miles in training for my spring marathon than in my fall marathons – and by quite a lot. There are a few runs missing in here (e.g. my October Marathon), but this is pretty representative for the year.
- My fastest run of the year: My 2nd 5K PR – the Bucktown 5K.
- My most intense run of the year – an interval run during triathlon training – likely the only run I did with a heart rate monitor!
- PR’s I accomplished:
Cycling by month:
This one was much less exciting. I trained for my first duathlon in May, and then my first triathlon at the end of July, so that’s where those miles come in. I’m looking to boost this a bit in the coming year. Notable cycling activities:
- 1 Spin Class – the fastest & farthest I went.
- 15.5 mph – the fastest on the road that I’ve been – at the Tinley Park Duathlon.
- Longest consecutive outdoor bike ride: in April, a training before the Door Prairie Duathlon. 12.79 miles
- 13.1 miles – bike rides to and from the UIC swimming facility – twice! (I got the time of the workout wrong and showed up 3 hours early)
What’s up for 2012 for Lauren? Make some predictions!