Well, that sounds better than “I’ve been too busy this December to blog,” doesn’t it?
December has been CRA-A-ZY! Not only among the holidays, but work as well. I put in some extensive work weeks, and anything I could do to stay sane was done. Wedding planning? The bare minimum. I actually have to email my planner back from a few weeks ago. (Mike does a good job covering in my place!)
So running this month has been mostly running for life, and I want to make sure I keep a list of my elements of my “lifestyle” training plan.
What I did:
- Scheduled some workouts (strength training, yoga)
- Made some social activities non-negotiable (happy b-day rich, wine w/ friends)
- Worked my butt off
- Did holiday preparations very early on, and again at the last minute
What I wish I’d incorporated:
- A better balance on work hours (this was hard for me as I’m just starting out supervising some team-members at work. Trying to balance availability with also completing my priority work, some of which had to occur on the weekends)
- Planning something personal each day for me – and sticking to it. Some days I just wanted to try and get all my work done.
- Running outside more – or running at all. But I did keep up my strength workouts, and physical therapy appointments.
So January my focus is going to be a bit more on effective balance. I’m reviewing my time management processes & making sure I get enough time to plan out what is truly most important, rather than just focusing on putting out fires at work.
I missed you, blog world, and I want to incorporate more short / wordless posts that will help me to share my perspective even when time is short!