As I approach the marathon, I keep thinking toward “What’s next?” This summer I got stressed out by too many competing priorities, and I don’t want to get that way over the next six months.
- Get a wonderful wedding booty (and Michelle Obama arms!) –> Strength Train, Sculpt
- Not get slower at running
- Be better ready for a triathlon next spring
- Bike Skills, Comfort, Experience
- Swim Experience & Fitness
What I’m thinking:
- October: Focus on Yoga, Amsterdam 1/2 Marathon, Bucktown 5K
- November: Maybe the perfect 10 race? Turkey Trot? Begin pacing for CES Winter Warriors (hopefully). Continue Yoga, try Pilates, get into Spinning.
- December: Keep things up: Spinning, Yoga. CES Pacing & 1 speed workout per week.
- January: CES Winter Warriors, Yoga, Spinning, SWIM (Masters Swim Team – annual dues are by calendar year)
- February: Strength Training, Yoga, Spin, Swim – Cycling class?
- March: Strength Training, Yoga, Spin, Swim
- April: WEDDING! Yoga, Yoga, Yoga. Swim, Spin
- May: back in the game – triathlons here I come!
Cycling Goals: Nov-Jan: Time on Bike (or spin saddle); Feb-Apr: maybe find an indoor cycling class to focus on bike-specific strength & skills?
Swimming Goals: Jan-April: De-stress, build up a decent fitness level in swimming & improve technique.
Running Goals: Get faster! Specific run goals:
- Work on doing tempo runs (for me, just under 10 min/mi). Work on a 20 min tempo, and increase the time!
- Find a way to get track work incorporated into my running schedule. Does anyone know anyone who’s done the Fleet Feet Racing Team? That may be something for me to try out next spring/summer. Or otherwise getting involved with the Chicago Tri Club…
Om Goals: De-Stress. Get Stronger. Get more flexible. Or more specifically: go to Yoga more frequently. Goal: twice a week. Maybe in Nov/Dec/Jan to do a yoga challenge (20 times in 30 days??)??