I can’t believe we’re half-way through 2011! Where has the time gone? I know I’ve spent too much time working and not enough time on friends, family, and my athletic & health goals.
Here’s a recap of where I am now!
Pay off my student loans.Done!!! Save for 2 vacations (!)Vacation scheduled for October, with a likely december vegas trip & April/May Honeymoon! Money is being saved, and Oct vacation airfare & hotel already covered.
- Successfully train for my marathon on 4/30. Mostly check. I did encounter some ITB soreness, and have treated with PT exercises & improved stretching, strength & cross-training.
- Complete an Olympic distance triathlon, and 1-2 sprint distance triathlons. I’ll do at least two triatlons this summer. I’m not sure about #3, and also not sure if I’m ready to take on an Olympic distance this year. I am still deciding for the Chicago tri…
- Improve on my times in the 8K, 10K, half-marathon distances. I PR’ed in the 10K distance at the Home Team Charity Run in April. My 8K so far was the day after a 20-miler. I expect that my half marathon distances late summer & fall will improve.
- Organize a get-together of friends once every few months, ideally with one being aimed at the great friends I made in college. #Fail so far.
- Make yoga a weekly if not more frequent habit. I was doing OK in January, and a little while in April. Have to get back into this. Starting on Sunday.
- Achieve a lower body fat percentage. I have made a modest improvement on this, but only a 0.2% improvement in six months. I have begun major weights/strength training that I hope will contribute.
- Make my home a more homey place. Work is being done, but not a noticeable change yet.
- Plan a trip to Central America for 2011, look at fall deals for a long weekend in Europe or BsAs. Amsterdam in October, here we come!!
- Plan for a trip in 2012 – long trip! Must figure out a honeymoon location.