“Success isn’t a destination, it’s a journey”
Cycling: I’ve been cycling to work for two of the last 3 days (over the last 3 weeks) that I’ve been in the office. I learned of an interesting Bike v/s Drive Calculator from Get Rich Slowly. My two cents:
- M & I just reduced down to one car only. Not too bad.
- Cabs & Bus Fare are only calculated if you bike. For urban dwellers (or at least me) – I may take fewer bus rides and drives because of my bike, but I don’t think it’s ever going to replace the situation where I’ve been taking cab rides. I cab it when: I’m dressed up and/or going downtown where parking is more expensive than 2 cabs, after being out at a bar. I’m not likely to replace any of those cab situations with taking a bike… especially not at midnight in Chicago after a drink or few!
Upcoming Events I’m Planning on / About to Sign Up for:
I’ve missed the opportunity to meet some people at recent running events because I didn’t do enough planning in advance, so I’m putting my schedule further out of what races I’m looking toward:
- Fleet Feet Women’s Festival 5K & 10K – July 17 –I’ll probably run the 10K. Great race & fun festival (read: free stuff) afterward!
- South Shore Sprint Triathlon – July 30 – also an Aquabike & Duathlon
- Just Book It 5K – August 6
- Chicago Triathlon – August 28 – not sure if it’s too crazy to try & meet people here! I’m also not sure about the craziness of how many people participate.
- Fox Valley Marathon – September 18 in St. Charles, IL
These are the ones on the calendar, but it looks a bit full to me! I may go through an decide but you can help me out! Let me know if you’re participating in any of these events or if you’d like to meet up at them! Drop me a line either in the Comments or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if you’re planning to do any of these events and we can plan a meetup!
Has anyone done the Chicago Triathlon? Is it as crazy of an event as it sounds from the sheer ##s of people participating?