First, some run updates:
Monday started my Marathon Training for the Illinois Marathon on April 30! I succeeded on that day – REST! Tuesday I ran 3 miles on my parents’ treadmill, and did an interval workout. 5 minutes at a 10mph pace, 2 min recovery. I actually bumped it up to 10.4 mph for the last half of the last interval. 3 intervals total, w/ warm-up and cooldown.
Wednesday I ran with the CES Winter Warriors and we did a negative splits workout. We ran 26 minutes out, and then ran back to start a little faster. I was running a bit late so my watch was slightly off, but according to my records, we ran out for 23:40 and back in 23 minutes. Go us for negative splits! That was also much faster than what I have run recently as I did many holiday runs on my own since I hadn’t been able to make it to my running group.
Looking Back on 2010:
I didn’t actually put together any documentation of my goals at the beginning of 2010, but midway through the year, put together a goals document. Here’s what I had:
- Professional Growth – Complete PMP (Project Management Professionals) certification. This is a certification that will increase opportunities in a future (unplanned) job search.
- Needs Attention. I’ve put together a general study plan. First step is to take a practice test. Just do it.
- Personal Finance – Increase my savings.
- Met. I’ve done well with this. Personal finance is one of my interests, and I’ve put a lot of attention in past years to this. I feel pretty good with where I’m at in saving.
- Health – Get to a healthier BMI
- Progress, but needs attention. I actually lost 8 pounds in 2010, primarily through tweaking eating habits and getting back into a regular running routine. However, I have more ways to go if I were to get to a “normal” BMI.
- Exercise – Practice Bikram Yoga
- Needs Attention. I had actually been pretty good at this last winter, and got out of the habit as the weather got warmer. I haven’t gotten back into it, but I do love the benefits I get out of it (postworkout feeling, weightloss & strength boosts, calming).
- Hobby/Misc. – Strengthen Blogging Habit
- Met – new goal needed? I started this blog! I’ve been better recently about blogging. I actually love using Windows Live Writer, which has made posting much easier!
I also put together these lifetime / Long-Term Goals:
- Get into habit of Bikram Yoga 2 x week, then 3x week by end of year. This gets at my desire to practice yoga more regularly.
- Travel regularly
- Give generously to organizations that I believe in.
- Strengthen friendships & relationships
Tomorrow or Saturday I’ll post regarding what my goals and plans are for 2011. Stay tuned!