What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
- Clutter – I really struggle with getting rid of (or not acquiring) things that I don’t need. I’d like to get into better habit of not getting new things I don’t truly need, and also being mindful about getting rid of things. This would help to make my mind and home more calming.
- Lots more shoes/clothes. Apart from running shoes, I like to get shoes & clothes, but I don’t need to get more shoes. I always think I need to get more shoes, and this contributes to clutter. And $$ drain.
- Time spent on activities and projects that don’t bring me joy & don’t strengthen my friendships and relationships. I volunteer with some groups that I am finding I don’t find enjoyment as much anymore from. While maintaining my commitments, I am working on both trying to enjoy this more, as well as considering when I should make a cut if I’m truly not enjoying myself anymore while working with the group. It’s a time, energy & happiness drain that I don’t need or deserve.
- A sore back after long runs. I will work on strengthening my back through yoga to eliminate this. Will be helpful for feeling better post-runs!
- Apparently I can’t think of anything else. I’ll eliminate trying to think too hard about certain things – even if it is intended to make me a better person!
What are you looking to eliminate in 2011? How will you do that? How will it make you a better person?